Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Just Like His Dad

Coin structure Harrison has trouble paying attention to long, tedious school tasks, yet completely on his own he built this . . . structure out of coins. So much like me. I can't pay attention for more than a few minutes to something that doesn't interest me. But give me a creative task, and however tedious I'll stick to it like the most anal-retentive perfectionist you ever met.
I don't remember making anything like this, though, when I was seven years old. You can see that he started with simple towers, but when those started getting unstable he came up with the idea of staggering them like bricks.

What impressed me even more than Harrison's design skills was how well he took the fact that his masterpiece would have to be torn down. I thought he would flip out at that, but he just suggested I take a picture of it and post it on here.

So here it is!

No comments: