Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The More Things Change

Believe it or not, this is not a recent picture. That was Harrison and me in early 2001. I was trying to feed him, deal with my work email, and talk on the phone at the same time. I hadn't showered yet. I was probably trying to get Harrison and Lenawee County in a calm state so I could sneak off to the shower for a few minutes.

Nowadays, that formerly powerful computer is the least powerful (traditional) computer in the house. That once cutting-edge wired headset has been replaced by a bluetooth earpiece. The baby just finished the first grade, and while he would still be willing to sit on my lap like that, I don't think I could hold him. And the father sitting there trying to multitask is . . . well, attempting to write this blog post while doing three other things simultaneously.

Some things do change, I guess, and some things don't.

No comments: